My son despised tummy time and frankly only did about 10 cumulative minutes of tummy time in his infant years. Coupled with the fact that he never wanted to be put down (ever!), I thought we were doomed. For the first 4 months of his life, I doubted he would ever crawl and I was certain he would have delayed developmental abilities. Fortunately for us, we had a friend who suggested purchasing a Bumbo Baby Seat. And it was a lifesaver.
For the first time, he was able to enjoy time away from my arms, and I was able to get a few things done (like shower!) with him curiously watching me. He loved watching and interacting with his surroundings while having his hands free to play with his toys or chew on his fingers. (It’s much harder to play with toys during tummy time.)
We used the Bumbo for about 15 minutes every day for 3 weeks that month and by his 5th month birthday, he was able to sit unassisted. Not that it will work for every baby this efficiently, but for both of my children, that’s all it took for them to learn to how to sit and develop and strengthen neck muscles without tummy time.
Though it’s recommended for children between the ages of 3 and 14 months (up to 22 pounds), my children are obviously still fond of it now and fight over who gets to sit in it.
By now I am sure that most moms have at least heard of the name “ Bumbo,” but in case you didn’t know exactly what it was…
The multiple award-winning Bumbo Baby Seat is a cushiony, super lightweight chair cleverly designed to help babies safely transition into sitting and feel independent.
In my opinion, this is a must-have baby registry product for a happier mom and a happier baby – I call it the hands-free device for moms.
- Made from non-toxic, latex-free, low-density foam
- Durable, hygienic and easy to wipe clean
- Smooth, rounded edges (nothing sharp and no parts that would pose a choking hazard)
- Comfortable, supportive but snug-fitting so no straps are needed (which has been great for both of my seatbelt-hating babies)
It’s versatile! Use it for play time, feeding time, or for a photo op! My best friend used it for portraits of her little one before he could sit. Not only does it hold wiggly ones and crawlers in place for some great shots, but you can also see their smiley faces aimed at the camera and not downwards toward the floor. Plus it’s easily hidden under a blanket, giving the illusion of a perfectly unaided sitter.
When my kids were little, we didn’t have a play tray, and though it’s not essential, it would have been so helpful for snacks and toys. (I just kept throwing toys on top of their little laps.)
Be careful when using the Bumbo, as some children can arch their way out. Since I’m a bit on the paranoid side, I would always back the Bumbo up against something like a sofa or cabinet. Never place it on elevated surfaces or in water, and never leave them unattended. The Bumbo is a baby sitter, not a babysitter.
**Win** TWO lucky readers will win a Bumbo Baby Seat and Play Tray ($49.98 value) courtesy of Keen Distribution!
To enter, visit Keen Distribution and leave a comment on this post letting me know what color of Bumbo is your favorite.
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of Bumbo on Facebook – feel free to tell them A Nation of Moms sent you!
- Follow Bumbo on Twitter.
- Follow Keen Distribution on Twitter.
- Subscribe to Boon’s blog via Email.
- Follow A Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of A Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: 2 Winners to #WIN @BumboUSA + Play Tray ($50 value) @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/f0mnqj #giveaway #blogmania11
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
- Search our directory of featured posts at A Nation of Moms and write a blog post, linking to one of them. (Make sure to include your url in the comment.)
- Blog about and link to this giveaway.
***Giveaway closes April 1st @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US Residents.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.