They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think music can communicate those words better. (Of course, I am a little biased!) Nagging your kids gets old, but if you can sing them a familiar song that shares your thoughts and you can do it with a smile and wink and/or a twinkle in your eye…will they listen better? Perhaps. It is worth a try!
If you are a parent, teacher or therapist, you NEED this CD in your toolbox…er, CD player. “Use Your Words” by Jeremy Plays Guitar is the representation of songs I have written in my head both for my children and for children I worked with when I wore the title “Music Therapist”. The songs on this CD meet needs. They talk about things that kids struggle with and offer solutions in the lyrics. It makes rules fun and easy to remember. It says things in a manner that kids can not only relate to, but understand. It communicates without a negative tone of voice, a sigh of frustration or a judgmental attitude…all things that we sometimes inadvertently tack on to our remonstrations and words of guidance when we are working with kids.
If you have a child…
- who can not remember the rules,
- who struggles to sit still,
- who can not communicate needs appropriately,
- who can’t eat certain foods,
- who can’t share,
- who aren’t the same as everyone else,
- who are a little clumsy or do embarrassing things,
- who are shy,
- who are overwhelmed by loud noises,
- who do not transition well,
- who lose their temper or
- who are unsure about expressing their emotions or reading those of others …
Then, you will be able to find a song on “Use Your Words” that you NEED!
The only barrier I foresee is that the songs really are not age appropriate for teens and adults who also struggle with these things! (That might be because the CD was aimed at kids ages 2-6.)
I cannot stop telling people about “Use Your Words.” I will be purchasing several copies of it to share with friends, family and other music therapists. It is definitely a must have!
Here is a little bit about Jeremy… Even his bio is fun!
Jeremy loves to play guitar. He loves it so much that he takes it with him everywhere and sleeps with it at night. He is so awesome at playing guitar that he was recently inducted into the Super Guitar Shredders of the Universe Club.
Graduated with honors Berklee College of Music…blah, blah, blah….Winner of John Lennon Songwriting contest…blah, blah…Consultant for Sesame Street….bladdity blah….Director of Music for Roosevelt Island Day Nursery and The Maple Street School….blah.
Jeremy loves kids. He loves to play music for kids. He is so super awesome at playing music for kids that kids begged him to give them music to take home at night. So Jeremy co-wrote and co-produced the best album in the world, ‘Songs in the Key of New York’ [“Catchy and fun”, Rory Halperin, TimeOut Kids, “This is ‘good’ music”, Tuey Connell, A Child Grows in Brooklyn.]
Jeremy plays music for kids, Jeremy teaches kids music, Jeremy plays jazz, Jeremy plays rock, Jeremy plays rubber bands, Jeremy is awesome, Jeremy Plays Guitar.
More information about his group and albums is available on his website.
BUY: You can purchase Jeremy Plays Guitar’s “Use Your Words” CD for $13.99.
**Win** Jeremy Plays Guitar’s “Use Your Words” CD this holiday season, courtesy of Sugar Mountain PR!
To enter, visit Jeremy Plays Guitar and leave a comment on this post letting me know something you learned about the band members, the music, the website, or anything else.
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Become a FAN of Jeremy Plays Guitar on Facebook + POST the following on their wall (copy and paste): Stopping by from A Nation of Moms to say that I’d love to win Use Your Words CD. http://bit.ly/ct4MBC
- Follow Jeremy Plays Guitar on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of Sugar Mountain PR on Facebook + POST the following on their wall (Copy and paste): Stopping by from A Nation of Moms to say that I’d love to win Use Your Words by Jeremy Plays Guitar. http://bit.ly/ct4MBC
- Follow A Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of the **brand new** A Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN USE YOUR WORDS CD by @JeremyPlaysGuit from @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/ct4MBC #giveaway #ppro
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
***Giveaway closes November 29th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US Residents.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.