Since our move to the humid Midwest (from dry Colorado) about a year and a half ago, our 3 year old son has been battling some serious seasonal allergies, especially during harvest season. Allergies that leave him not only congested, but also with a horrible croupy cough and chronic ear infections and fluid (and did I mention irritable?).
Within a 2 month period in the early fall of last year, he had 10 bouts of croup, and the ear fluid lasted well into March of this year. At first we didn’t know if it was coming from the air outside or the air inside our home, and I was exasperated. My heart just ached for him.
This year, we attacked harvest season with the Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier.
Though we really needed one in the main room of the house (we have 2 dogs that like to hang out there the majority of the time), I decided to keep the unit in my son’s room, since he needed to benefit from it the most.
The verdict: Can I have another unit? Please? Coming into our son’s room is truly a breath of fresh air! No, seriously. You can actually smell the difference. He still has some minor sinus issues and a bit of redness around his eyes, but ZERO ear infections/fluid and ZERO croup. It’s been a considerable change from last year. I am relieved to say that now he can truly come home to escape the air outside!
Don’t think you need an Oreck Air Purifier in your home? Think again… Especially in the cold winter season when we tend to stay indoors all cooped up (an average of 90% of our time), the indoor air quality quickly diminishes. Did you know that according to the EPA, the air quality inside our homes is 2 to 5 times worse than outdoors? Yuck! And I thought “home” is supposed to be a safe place? Harboring airborne bacteria, viruses, germs, mold, fungi, dust, and allergens is not my idea of “safe.”
- Does anyone in your family suffer from allergies or asthma?
- Or maybe you have perpetually lingering odors in your home from gym bags, pets, trash cans, diaper pails, teenagers (!), tobacco, or cooking (hello, fish smell)? I bet you are constantly masking these odors with candles and air fresheners, right?
- Perhaps you just want to help protect your family from germs and viruses this holiday season?
Well, all of the above can be remedied with the Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier.
- Powerful! It can clean and re-circulate the air in a 12-foot by 18-foot room twice every hour. How? Like a magnet, their patented Truman Cell pulls and subsequently “kills” tiny particles (viruses, bacteria, germs, mold, fungi, allergens) out of the air. In fact, it removes approximately 99% of airborne particulates. And if you ever want to know if it’s really working (that is, if you are brave enough to see what’s lurking in your air), just take a peek inside the collector after a few days. The results are shocking! Even for a clean freak like myself. I must warn you, though, that at times you might hear a popping or sparking sound. When I first heard it, I thought something was immediately wrong until I read the instructions (Okay, I admit that I just plugged in the unit without reading the booklet at first – it’s that easy to use). The popping sound indicates a large particle has been captured, though if you hear it often, it may mean that it’s time to clean the unit.
- Environmentally friendly! No replacement filters are needed, which saves you money and reduces waste (other air purifiers rely on expensive HEPA filters that have to be replaced and can eventually end up in a landfill). All you need to do is clean the Truman Cell collector every 2-4 weeks. How? It’s simple! Just soak it in soapy water for a couple of hours, rinse and let air dry.
- The Helios Shield permanent odor absorber neutralizes odors and VOCs (volatile organic compounds like toxic paint fumes, aerosol vapors, cleaning supplies), by the use of ultraviolet light.
- It’s energy efficient!
- Variable speed: High, medium (for normal use) and low (silent mode). Because it is in our son’s room, I prefer to turn it up for a “white noise” effect. And my son loves the “night light” feature!
- Sleek and portable – it is fairly small, lightweight, and super slim and can conveniently lay on its side or upright.
- It comes with a handy remote control (though I haven’t used mine).
- Includes a 3 year warranty.
- Buy one at regular price of $399.95 (with FREE shipping), and get another unit half off.
- With your purchase, you will receive two FREE gifts (see the website for details).