Teeny Tankas are just that – teeny. Ultra-light and compact, this high quality solid stainless steel water bottle holds about 11 ounces of liquid, and is especially made for the younger ones in mind, though adults can use is as well.
Included with the bottle is the sport top pictured in the center. Other tops are sold separately. (Actually, even babies can use it as a safe, BPA-free bottle with the proper adapter and Avent nipple. For toddler usage, you can purchase an Avent spout and adapter, pictured on the left.)
Why stainless steel?
- Because its surface is non-porous and has no cracks to harbor dirt, grime or bacteria, stainless steel is hygienic, easy to clean and will remain safe for years and years.
- Stainless steel also won’t leach harmful toxins or break down. (In case you were wondering, ECOtanka lids are also non-leaching and BPA-free.)
- If you are like me, I can always taste the bottle from which I am drinking. I also keep designated water bottles separate from the bottles that we are able to use with sports drinks or juices. That’s because I can actually taste the residue in my water. With stainless steel, you won’t have to worry about tainting or after taste. It remains clean and fresh, always.
- It’s a cute and practical bottle, perfect size (and portion) for toddler and preschool-sized hands. For adults, well, let’s just say that I could drink it in about 3 huge gulps when I’m super thirsty! I would suggest the slightly bigger (20 ounce) Mini Sport Bottle from ECOtanka for us older ones, which is only $6 more.
- The wide mouth top is great for filling up (without spillage) and for inserting ice cubes (stainless steel is great for keeping drinks cold for prolonged periods).
- I would highly suggest springing for an different top (the stainless steel screw-on lid or the Avent spout/adapter for the tots). Though it suits my son just fine (he never seemed to mind it), the sport top that is included is hard and makes a slight whistle when you are drinking from it. Perhaps I am just too used to the softer sport tops from plastic sports bottles.
As with the majority of consumer products, you get what you pay for with stainless steel. Price is definitely indicative of quality. This particular bottle uses high quality, food-grade 304 stainless steel, so it is a bit pricey at $22.99. However, if you think about how long you will be able to use this bottle, it will probably save you money in the long run. Though relatively cheap, plastic sport bottles can get distorted in the dishwasher at times, smell funny or leave an aftertaste, or worse – they can get easily scratched (and thus are deemed unsafe and must be thrown away).
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. VoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was VoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. VoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.