We are big fans of HearthSong, and this is not the first time we’ve had an opportunity to review their wonderful, high-quality toys. This time, HearthSong sent us the Marble Runaround, consisting of 45 vividly patterned wooden blocks with groves and holes for 10 marbles to occupy and “run around.” It’s a perfect toy for my son, as it combines his love of building towers with wooden blocks and his love of marbles. A fun and open-ended toy that requires no batteries! As soon as we opened it, the boys (aka my husband and son) quickly went to work.
It also keeps adults busy, too! And teenagers – we had a family over for dinner last week and their high school senior decided he wanted one for Christmas.
- The 100% cotton drawstring toy sack is just big enough to fit all the pieces, which means if you add to the set, you will need another storage method.
- No pouch for the marbles.
- It’s not a big enough set for 2 kids, in my opinion, but you can certainly buy 2 or add to it with blocks
- It’s difficult for my 3 year old son to build by himself. He can’t make elaborate constructions but can do small and simple runs with a bit of help with the finishing touches (i.e. lining up the blocks just right for the marbles not to get caught). Granted that this is meant for kids ages 4 and up, I can see where even the 4 year old would have a little trouble with it at first.
With the holidays approaching, you might want to start thinking about making your purchases for that special child in your own life. I personally enjoy the convenience of be able to shop at home (in my pajamas if I so desire!), avoiding holiday crowds and bad weather. And HearthSong has a great online selection! Browse their Fall Catalog, HearthSong Exclusives, and Halloween items, and be sure to check out the Deal of the Week and their Clearance Sale for savings up to 65%.
HOW TO ENTER:
There are lots of ways you can win! Just make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry. If any of the required steps for are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid. Make sure you have included your email in your comment, so that I have a way of contacting you if you win. Bonus entries can be completed after the mandatory entry.
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email on the sidebar. You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process. (2 extra entries)
- Become a fan of HearthSong on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter or become a fan of the Village of Moms on Facebook. (1 extra entry each)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day. Copy and paste: WIN a Marble Runaround from HearthSong @VillageofMoms http://bit.ly/bYunyo #giveaway #win (1 extra entry, daily)
***Giveaway closes October 8th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. VoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was VoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. VoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.