For the first time ever, boutique-style organic kids clothing is not only affordable, but (their clearance items are) better priced than what you can buy at Walmart (sorry Walmart). From the co-creator of the internationally known brand Burt’s Bees, Roxanne Quimby created Happy Green Bee: safe and sustainable, soft and stretchy, super-silly, simply sensational styles!
Happy Green Bee has a simple philosophy: clothing that is comfortable, colorful, playful and ecologically responsible. “We created Happy Green Bee so that a child can be a child, first and foremost,” Quimby explains. “By using organic cotton, a comfortable and practical fabric, and simple bee-striped patterns, children feel as comfortable as they look while their parents take a small step in making a big difference in the environment their children live in.”
Seeing the skort immediately brought me back to my childhood. When I was about 3 years old, I had an orange and cream pleated skirt that is almost a replica of this one. (I unsuccessfully tried to find that photo.) So I just knew I had to get one for my little bug.
The quality is impressive, and the softness divine. I just want to cuddle it next to my face – it’s that soft. Perhaps that’s why my 8 month old keeps trying to grab it, or maybe she is drawn to the bee-striped pattern.
The skort we have is a size small, which is supposed to fit 6-12 months and up to 20 pounds; however, I think it runs slightly bigger. Bug is 8 months and 20 pounds now, and I think she will be able to wear this skort comfortably for the rest of winter. Plus it generously accommodates for fluffy cloth bottoms.
Why organic? Roxanne explains it on her website.
BUY: This playful skort is available in 5 color combinations for only $5 in their Clearance Store. Yep, you heard right. Only $5! (I am still baffled at this deal.) Pair it with this chemise, cardigan, or a solid tee for just a few bucks more.
HOW TO ENTER:
There are lots of ways you can win! Just make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry. If any of the required steps for are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid. Bonus entries can be completed after the mandatory entry.
To enter, visit Happy Green Bee and then leave a comment here telling me what item from their store catches your eye. This is required and must be done before the extra entries!
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email on the sidebar. You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process. (2 extra entries)
- Follow the Village of Moms on Twitter or the become a fan of the Village of Moms on Facebook. (1 extra entry each)
- Become a fan of Happy Green Bee on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway and link it back to this post. (3 extra entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day. Copy and paste: #WIN Happy Green Bee #Organic Kids Clothes @VillageofMoms http://anationofmoms.com/?p=2629 #giveaway (1 extra entry, daily)
- Grab our teal button (on the sidebar) and display it on your blog or website until the contest is over. (2 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry)
***Giveaway closes September 25th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US Residents.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. VoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was VoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. VoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.