As much as I’m a HUGE fan of Tropical Traditions and all of their wonderful products, I was a little apprehensive of the Coconut Cream Concentrate. What in the world would I use this for and how would I ever go through an entire jar?
That’s what I was thinking until I actually started using it a couple of weeks ago. I was flabbergasted at how many ways I have found to use this rich and creamy concentrate in recipes! And since then I’ve had to pace myself. Of course, I want to try out all the recipes, but my poor family doesn’t need everything to have coconut flavor in it.
Commercial coconut creams are not the same, as they consist of mostly water and are only about 24% in fat content. However, Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate is a concentrate, meaning NO water is added. It is 100% pure coconut (no additives or preservatives of any kind) with 70% fat content, and contains all of the fiber that is usually striped out of the commercial coconut creams and milks.
Fun Fact: Did you know that pure, dried coconut contains more fiber per gram than even oat bran?
When you first pop open one of the glass jars, you will notice that the majority of the oil settles on the top and the coconut “meat” is underneath. You will need to liquify it gently in order to mix it together (te website shows you how – a very easy process). Unless you do this, you will have a hard time getting through to the “good stuff” and mixing it into whatever it is that you are making. Just trust me on this one (I, I mean my friend goofed and tried it without liquifying it first).
How have I used it?
- I put a couple of tablespoons in my usual daily smoothie for a more coconutty flavor. It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
These days m usual smoothie consists of organic kale (or spinach), flax oil, fermented cod liver oil, organic frozen blueberries (this does vary to some degree), organic banana, unsweetened coconut milk, organic plain yogurt, passion fruit concentrate (occasionally), honey (when necessary) and water.
- I made my own version of Coconut Chicken Curry Stir Fry (I tend to personalize every recipe I encounter!).
- I made Creamy coconut rice, which added a twist to my usual boring rice.
- Chocolate coconut satin was so yummy with an assortment of berries and banana.
I have yet to make coconut ice cream, coconut rice pudding, and chocolate coconut creme bar,all of which are already on the menu plan. Another thing I want to try is adding it to no-bake cookies to make them oh-so-heavenly (I can just imagine it that they would taste as such).
BUY: A 32 ounce glass jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate is on sale for $19.50.
BONUS TIME: First-time customers with Tropical Traditions can receive a complimentary copy of the book entitled Virgin Coconut Oil (valued at $14.99) by selecting “Referred by a friend” at the check-out process (when it asks “How did you hear of us?”) Then enter my Referral ID number 6132915.
WIN: One very fortunate reader will win a jar of the Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate!
HOW TO ENTER:
There are lots of ways you can win! Just make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry. If any of the required steps for are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid. Bonus entries can be completed after the mandatory entry.
To enter, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions newsletter to receive all the latest deals, and then leave a comment here telling me that you did. This is required and must be done before the extra entries!
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email on the sidebar. You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process. (2 extra entries)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter or join the Village of Moms group on Facebook. (1 extra entry each)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Become a fan of Tropical Traditions on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Tell me what recipe you would like to try with the Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate. (2 extra entries)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway and link it back to this post. (3 extra entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day. Copy and paste: #WIN #TropTraditions Coconut Cream Concentrate @VillageofMoms http://anationofmoms.com/?p=1897 #giveaway (1 extra entry, daily)
- Grab our teal button (on the sidebar) and display it on your blog or website until the contest is over. (2 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry)
***Giveaway closes September 14th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. VoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was VoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. VoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.