All kids (yes, even us big ones) love straws, but do we really need straws? The simple answer is “no.” However, sometimes a little splurge feels good. In fact, when you see GlassDharma glass straws, you’ll want to drink all of your beverages with one. They are simple, but they add beauty to your day and make even the most mundane of beverages seem sophisticated and chic.
They just make me want to sit on a patio, sipping from a tall glass adorned with slices of citrus fruits and minty things while wearing some movie star sunglasses. I feel oh so refined — did I just see paparazzi?
Aside from its aesthetic factor and the feeling of sheer grace and elegance, reusable glass straws are a great and easy way to eliminate yet another “yucky” plastic from your life. You know how much I ”love” toxin exposure anywhere near my kiddos, and straws are no exception. Though the amount of toxins that leach from a straw is probably small, I’d rather keep from it whenever I can. Little bits of toxins do add up. And this is a super easy way to help.
GlassDharma straws are conveniently sold individually or in sets, and are available in a variety of styles, lengths, and diameters. So there is one suitable for each person in your family.
GlassDharma generously sent us a sampling of their straws for review. My son was super excited to receive his very own small smoothie straw with blue decorative dots, but it was chipped on one end. Though rare, it can happen. No fear, GlassDharma stands behind their workmanship with a lifetime breakage guarantee. In case you are wondering, they promptly honored that guarantee.
Since we received the straws, we have used them daily. Mostly for our daily smoothies. I thought I would like the decorative dot straw best, but I have really enjoyed using the big thick simple one.
Do you know how hard it is to clean a straw, especially after a smoothie? We had been using a reusable (albeit plastic) straw from our CamelBak bottles for my son’s smoothies, and they collect “gunk” inside that’s extremely difficult to clean. So far I have had no issues with GlassDharma glass straws. They do come with a cleaning brush, which is fine and dandy if you want to give each straw a good detailed cleaning (although the Beautiful Bend straw takes a bit of work to clean at the bend). But why, when you can take the easy route and run them through the dishwasher (they come out squeaky clean)? Because they are clear, you can actually see how clean they really are, and I just love that!
Having these glass straws around, I won’t have the need to buy another straw again, but will I take them with me when I go out? Probably not. I hardly remember to take other necessary items (like the diaper bag, wallet) already. But in case YOU want to take yours with you, GlassDharma carries sleeves and cases to tote your elegant straws around.
So makes these glass straws different from their competitors? GlassDharma glass drinking straws are:
- The original glass straws.
- Made of borosilicate tubing and is the strongest (most durable) glass commercially available.
- Annealed to Corning, Inc. specifications (a process that strengthens the glass). You can read about the process they undergo here.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Fully backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Hand-made in the U.S.A.
BUY: Buy GlassDharma Glass Straws for $6.50 to $12, depending on the size and collection.
WIN: GlassDharma is giving one lucky winner the chance to pick out your own straws by offering a $25.00 gift certificate!
HOW TO ENTER:
There are lots of ways you can win! Just make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry. If any of the required steps for are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid. Bonus entries can be completed after the mandatory entry.
To enter, please “like” GlassDharma on FaceBook, and then leave a comment here telling me that you did. This is required and must be done before the extra entries!
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email on the sidebar. You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process. (2 extra entries)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter or join the Village of Moms group on Facebook. (1 extra entry each)
- Follow GlassDharma on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Follow the GlassDharma blog. (2 extra entries)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway and link it back to this post. (3 extra entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day. Copy and paste: WIN @GlassDharma GC from @villageofmoms http://anationofmoms.com/?p=1739 #giveaway #win #green (1 extra entry, daily)
- Grab our teal button (on the sidebar) and display it on your blog or website until the contest is over. (2 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry)
***Giveaway closes August 21st @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. VoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was VoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. VoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.