I recently had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with MonkeyBunz.com owner, Rhonda, in California during one of her runs. What an incredible mom she is! Having escaped corporate life to become a stay-at-home mom, she looked at starting her own home-based business in order to satisfy her need to return to the workforce. She spoke highly of my own energy and drive, but to tell you the truth, I am the one blessed having had met her. How does she find the time to run a business, be a mom, train for a half-marathon, and do the other plethora of things she has going on in her life?
Her store MonkeyBunz.com is a great online store, supplying all of your cloth diapering needs and making a difference one bottom at a time. Rhonda surely helped make a difference in my bottom. Well, not my bottom, but my daughter’s. She provided me with the cutest Rocky Mountain Diaper in lemon and berry to review, and it certainly has made a difference for this new-to-cloth mama.
Let me tell you, these diapers are pretty incredible. Not only do they come in colors that make you hungry, but they are also a very different type of one-size diaper. Unlike other one-sized pocket diapers, Rocky Mountain Diapers have an easy Internal Adjustment System for the rise of the diaper and the fit in the thighs.
Did you hear that? It’s internal! That means no more of those unsightly snap configurations on the front of the diaper that can look so intimidating to a newbie. And because of this internal tailoring system, these diapers work well on both chunky and skinny-thighed babies.
How does IAS work? It’s easy, and you only need to do it once. Well, that is until your baby grows to the next size.
Made of soft suede, the liner really does keep my daughter feeling dry. Actually, I had to triple check to make sure she had wet her diaper because the liner does a great job at wicking away moisture.
My daughter has had no leaks during the day with this diaper, but I can’t seem to find the right insert for nighttime use. With that being said, I haven’t had any success with any diaper I own (and I have about 5 or 6 brands). Maybe I’d have better overnight luck with the proper insert (I think I’ll try a Super do).
Rocky Mountain Diapers have a super trim fit. It surpasses my other OS diapers and even my sized diapers in this category. In the picture I have my daughter wearing the bulkiest insert we own to show you how trim they still look.
- Made in the USA
- Internal Adjustment System (it also makes the leg gathers look like ruffles, so it’s even cuter!)
- Very well made
- Dries faster than any of my other diapers
- Doesn’t come with an insert (sold separately)
- Though I don’t have this issue, I could see someone with a really tall, thin baby having an issue with the rise being too short.
- If you have 2+ children in 2 different sizes of diapers and plan on using OS diapers to accommodate them, it would get really annoying to have to adjust the IAS that often. I would recommend going with the traditional OS diapers in this case.
- Only time will tell, but they look smaller than my other OS diapers, so they may not last through the potty training phase. I could be proven wrong.
RMD not for you? No problem! Rhonda has great, affordable prices on all of her other diaper brands and accessories, and offers free shipping.
As a bonus to my readers, Rhonda is offering an exclusive offer of 10% off orders of $25 or more by using this code: VILLAGE10
Win: MonkeyBunz.com is generously offering one of you the chance to win $10 in FREE merchandise.* See entry details below.
Wanna win more free merchandise? Monkeybunz.com is holding a “Best Baby Picture” contest for the month of July. No purchase necessary, and there are two winner. If you are interested, visit this page to see how to enter. Then check out all the cute baby photos on the MonkeyBunz blog.
Browse Monkeybunz.com and let me know which color of the Rocky Mountain Diapers you like best by leaving me a comment here. Make sure you have included your email in your comment, or have it visible in your profile.
If any of these REQUIREMENTS are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid.
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email on the sidebar. You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process (I will verify). (5 extra entries)
- Follow MonkeyBunz on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Become a fan of MonkeyBunz on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Join the Village of Moms group on Facebook. (2 extra entries)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway. Leave the link of your post in your comment, so I can visit. (3 extra entries)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet daily for one additional entry per day. Leave the url so I can verify your tweet. (1 extra entry, daily)
- Grab my button (on the sidebar) and display it on your blog or website until the contest is over. (2 extra entries)
- Purchase anything from Monkeybunz.com during this contest. (5 extra entries)
***Giveaway closes July 29th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to all US residents.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose, nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. I have reviewed this product(s) because I like it and think it would benefit my readers. To view our full policy, please click here.
*Free shipping does not apply to free merchandise, unless it is also accompanied with $25 in minimum purchase.