Do you want to make the switch to “healthy living” by choosing non-toxic options but struggle with the time to research which products are safe for you and your family? Then, no problem! EcoMom.com does all the research and product testing, so you don’t have to. All of their products are nontoxic, natural, organic, and sustainably minded.
Everything we offer has been evaluated against a set of proprietary criteria established to help make the world a better place. We realize the enormity of this responsibility and therefore look to the best research available, enlisting the help of experts at organizations such as Healthy Child Healthy World, and Environmental Working Group, as well as our research partners – a discriminating team of doctors, scientists, moms, dads, babies, and kids.
All products on EcoMom.com have been EcoMom Approved™. This means that anything you purchase here has been vetted, as categorically applicable, according to standards critical to healthy families and a healthy world.
The EcoMom.com store is truly remarkable. It has a plethora of items from which to choose – from ceramic kids plates to toys, cleaning products, personal care items, organic baby food/snacks, and even nail polish! I love a great many of their products, and would love to try each one of them (in time I hope).
Although they may not offer products in every category, what I love and respect most about EcoMom.com is that their philosophy clearly states that “good-enough” will not do. Now that’s a company in which I can put my trust! With two young kids, my life gets rather crazy, and I am often found slaving away at my computer into the wee hours of the morning on most nights. So knowing this about EcoMom.com helps reassure me that I am purchasing products that are safe.
- World’s first stainless steel filtered water bottle
- Removes up to 99.99% of pollutants as you drink
- The Ionic-Adsorption Micro-Filtration System filters everything but salt water (drink from tap water, streams, rivers, lakes and pools) for 100 gallons (378 liters)
- High-quality food grade 304 L.N. stainless steel
- Durable, lightweight, reusable and 100% recyclable
- BPA Free
- Non-leaching & toxin-free
- No inner lining, clean tasting
- Non-slip base
- Holds 22 fluid ounces (650 ml) with filter inserted
What did I think of it? Well, I first fell in love with its design. It’s sleek, aesthetically pleasing, and extremely easy to hold because of its hourglass shape.
If I’m home, I don’t have much need for the filtration system, but I can see where this would come in handy on the road or during an emergency situation. So, right away I removed the filter (which is very easy to do). Being used to drinking from plastic bottles that have straws (so I don’t have to tip the bottle backwards to drink), I found it a bit difficult to make the switch at first. And when the water got too low, it would be more cumbersome (I would have to tip it way back).
To make it easier, I tried inserting one of the straws that came with one of my plastic straw bottles. My suggestion? Don’t do it. They don’t fit properly, thus not creating the needed suction to stay on and be an effective mechanism from which to drink.
But I wanted a straw. Sounds whiney, doesn’t it? The next morning, I got myself together and realized that I was just being petty (not to mention a pouty snob). So now I am used to it. Well, more than used to it. Since its arrival, that’s the only water bottle I have used (with one minor exception when I didn’t have time to clean it before I had to leave the house). It’s my new best friend, and I don’t leave the house without it.
What about the hubs? What did he think of it? Well, if I’m not careful, he might just steal it from me. He loves its ease of drinking! He says the EcoUsable:
- Is not heavy
- Has a great shape
- Allows you to swallow only water and no air
- Flows like no other water bottle he’s ever used (and considering that he is a retired professional triathlete and runner, he’s “tested” quite a few bottles in his time)
- Is perfect for the avid bike rider
What a difference drinking from a stainless steel water bottle has made! No more of that plastic bottle smell and taste. (Yuck! I am getting a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about it.) Thank you, EcoMom!
Cleaning this bottle is a snap! You can use hot water and soap (opt for a safer alternative if you can) or rinse it with vinegar and water.
I’m sure you’re wondering how much this nifty bottle costs. Well, it’s costly at first glance, but if you think about how much you might spend on water bottles and purchasing bottles of water, it’s really not bad at all. All I really need is one of these (okay maybe two for a rotation), and no more buying water anywhere I go. So, really, it can save you money in the long run.
I can’t tell you enough good things about EcoMom.com. You’ll just have to browse through their website and read their standards, stories, and resources.
BUY: Buy the EcoUsable Stainless Steel Filtered Water Bottle for $39.99.
Use the code “SBBL485” and you will receive 15% off your first order you place with them.
And to further cut down on costs of purchases made at EcoMom.com, you can purchase an annual EcoPass. With an EcoPass, you get discounted prices on all products, free ground shipping, and exclusive deals. It pays for itself in as little as four orders. For the month of July, buy an annual pass and keep it for life without any renewal fees!
WIN: Jody at EcoMom.com is generously offering one of our readers a $15 gift card. This can get you quite a few things from their store! How about a diaper, for instance?
HOW TO ENTER:
There are lots of ways you can win! Just make sure that you leave a separate comment for each entry. If any of the required steps for are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid. Bonus entries can be completed after the mandatory entry.
To enter, please browse EcoMom.com, and then leave a comment here telling me one product you would buy with the gift certificate. This is required and must be done before the extra entries!
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email on the sidebar. You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process. (2 extra entries)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter or join the Village of Moms group on Facebook. (1 extra entry each)
- Follow EcoMom.com on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Become a fan of EcoMom.com on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to the EcoMom newsletter of weekly specials. (2 extra entries)
- Join the EcoMom Community to connect with other moms. (2 extra entries)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway and link it back to this post. (3 extra entries)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry every day. Copy and paste: WIN @EcoMomceo Gift Certificate from @villageofmoms http://anationofmoms.com/?p=1365 #giveaway #win (1 extra entry, daily)
- Grab our teal button (on the sidebar) and display it on your blog or website until the contest is over. (2 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry)
***Giveaway closes August 10th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US and Canada.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. VoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was VoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. VoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.