Over the next few weeks we will be discussing “greener” and healthier options for you, your family, and your home in our two-part series, “Green Baby”and “Journey to Healthy Living: Home and Body.” Make sure to come back daily, especially during my “All things baby” giveaway week. There will be LOTS of giveaways! Come join us on our quest for healthier living.
Helen at HAPPYBABY was generous enough to send me samples of their products for my son and daughter to try. When I saw the packages sitting on my front porch, I was extremely delighted. Okay, extremely delighted doesn’t even begin to describe my excitement (I recall doing a happy dance)! When my toddler son started on HAPPYBELLIES in Colorado, it was the only available HAPPYBABY product at the Whole Foods in our neighborhood. So seeing the entire line on my porch was like Christmas! (Move over Gerber!) Why the excitement? Well, let me tell you…
Most babies suffer from acid reflux in some capacity, and it usually sorts istelf out when they start eating solid foods. We thought this would be the case with my son. It wasn’t. Four months passed, then 6, then 12, then 18 – it wasn’t until 29 and half months that his acid reflux completely subsided. We gave him all the usual medications, and eventually they stopped working, as I am told they can do after prolonged use. No amount of medication kept the reflux at bay until discovering probiotics at roughly 17 months old.
Per the suggestion of my wonderful mother-in-law, I (reluctantly) purchased HAPPYBELLIES rice cereal with added probiotics. My picky son loved it, and I loved the fact that it was organic. A few days into regulary eating the cereal, the reflux “magically” disappeared. When he didn’t have the cereal, reflux would resurface. So, along with some research, we took him off all medications (a leap of faith that really paid off) and did a combination of HAPPYBELLIES cereals and powdered probiotics (refrigerated) in some juice.
This routine “cured” him, unless we didn’t give him a dosage of either for a few days in a row, until he was eventually weaned and acid-reflux-free at almost 30 months of age. For that, we are truly grateful to HAPPYBABY, because the cereal is what prompted me to alter what we were doing to help him. I would love nothing more than to change how we treat acid reflux in babies — no more long-term medication. Probiotics all the way. Though I know that it might not work this way for every child, it certainly helped mine (and his was a pretty awful case).
So you can see why I could hardly contain my excitement while marveling at all the beautiful containers sitting on my dining table. The variety, the flavors. Banana Mango yogurt melts? Seriously? I could devour those myself! I can’t wait to try them all (well, not me, my kids). I had meant to start my daughter on solids in a couple of months but couldn’t wait (plus, she was ready). She loves the cereals already, and my son loved the HAPPYBITES hand-held toddler meals with a serving of hidden veggies. Wanna know more about the entire line?
HAPPYBABY products are:
- Made in the USA
- Never artificial
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals
- Enhanced with plant-based DHA and probiotics
- Packaged in “green” packaging that is BPA-free
- Recommended by Dr. Bob Sears, renowned pediatrician and author of The Baby Book
- Committed to providing the most optimal nutrition possible, including the use of supergrains like Salba and Quinoa
- Globally responsible in that HAPPYBABY works with Project Peanut Butter to help feed starving children in Malawi, so that every baby is a happy baby (pun intended). Every package that is purchased contributes to this effort.
And finally, the products… drum roll, please ….
HAPPYBELLIES, organic baby cereals with DHA and probiotics
HAPPYMELTS, 100% premium organic freeze-dried yogurt snacks with pre- and probiotics
HAPPYBABY Puffs, healthy finger foods for babies made with whole grains, and the ONLY organic alternative to Gerber puffs
HAPPYBITES, kid-friendly finger foods with hidden veggies in non-traditional (boring) varieties like wild salmon and wild cod sticks
HAPPYBABY Frozen Meals, frozen organic baby meals (they come in 12 individual cubes) also in not-so-basic varieties
Helen also sent me a couple of free trial coupons for their partner YoBaby’s very yummy yogurt (oops, did I eat some of it?). YoBaby, a part of Stonyfield Farm Organic, is certified organic whole milk yogurt formulated without the use of synthetic growth hormones or antibiotics. It’s the only whole milk yogurt specifically made for babies 6 months and older.
My son likes it (and so do I), but I wished that it didn’t have the added sugar (although there are no dyes and it is less than other kids yogurt). I did notice that the plain variety had no added sugar, but plain is not a favorite with him.
Win it: HAPPYBABY is generously offering packages for two readers.
One reader will win 2 free trials for each of HAPPYBABY product lines, 1 FAQ on Probiotics and DHA, 1 Infant and Toddler Nutrition Guide co-authored by Dr. Sears, and 1 HAPPYFAMILY Recipes.
One reader will win 2 free trial coupons for YoBaby 4-packs and 1 Eric Carle Growth Chart.
- In order to enter my giveaway, you MUST be a public follower of this blog through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the right hand side of this blog. If you are not a follower and you enter this giveaway, ALL of your entries/comments will be not be valid. You must also include your email in your comment, or have it visible on your profile.
- You MUST become a fan of HAPPYFAMILY on Facebook AND Twitter (if you have an account).
Want More Chances to Win?
(Please leave a separate comment for each additional entry)
- Follow my other blog at Kite Koop via Google Friend Connect. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet ” I want to win HAPPYBABY organic baby foods @http://villageofmoms.blogspot.com/ “. You can tweet daily for one additional entry per day. Leave the url so I can verify your tweet. (1 extra entry, daily)
- Join Village of Moms on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway. Leave the link of your post in your comment, so I can visit. (3 extra entries)
- Grab my button to display on your blog’s sidebar until the giveaway ends. Make sure you leave your blog’s url in your comment so that I can visit your blog. (2 extra entries)
- Subscribe to my blog by email (on the sidebar). (2 extra entries)
- Email 3 of your friends with a link to this giveaway, CC’ing me at email@example.com. (2 extra entries)
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose, nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. I have reviewed this product because I like it and think it would benefit my readers. To view our full policy, click here.