Lately I’ve been giving a wholehearted and meticulous effort into providing my family with greener and safer options, which I will post here at a later date. I’ve been tirelessly searching through countless websites to find just the right products for healthy living. When we moved to the Midwest last year, my son started developing frequent spells of croup (I believe I counted 9 between April and September) and ear fluid that the doctors deemed to be allergies. More recently, my daughter ended up with an unexplainable rash on her face, which doctors think may be an allergy, contact dermatitis or eczema. All unknown.
Being that my husband had eczema as a child, and I had very sensitive skin allergies for the first couple of years of my life (everything that touched my skin had to be free of any chemicals whatsoever), I need to be on a diligent watch with our two kids. These are the very reasons why it is so fundamentally important for our family to take this plunge into returning to the basics of nature. So it was no wonder that when I read this story by one of the co-founders of Fresh Organics, it immediately drew me in:
Jeff Wilkinson was a successful entrepreneur and businessman before his son Nash was born. That event changed everything! While Jeff and his wife Michelle were already committed to a healthy lifestyle, they especially wanted to do everything right for their son. So when Nash developed unexplained allergies, rashes and chronic colds they were anxious to figure out what they were doing wrong.
…They eventually discovered that Nash was allergic to dairy products, synthetic fragrances and most chemical detergents. After Nash got better, however, his father realized that his desire to protect his own child had become a passion to protect all children from a world of deceptive advertising and toxic chemicals.
Because the skin of babies and young children are so thin, they just about absorb everything into their tiny little bodies. All the harmful toxins circulating and accumulating into their tissues could quite possibly lead to serious health risks and complications in life. I, for one, am now considering everything that I give my children very carefully. I am reading labels like never before and am learning something new to avoid just about everyday.
Fresh Organics is a small but budding company that is committed to providing products that are 100% safe for long term use for infants, children and adults. I like a company that stands behind their products 100%, don’t you? By running their business with exceptionally green operations, Fresh Organics is able to make their organic products affordable. If you haven’t read about their admirable practices, please take the time to do so. You’ll be amazed at their core values (and I fear it will put similar companies that sell eco-friendly products to shame).
- No Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates
- No Parabens, DEA, TEA & MEA
- No Petroleum/Mineral Oils/ Phthalates
- No Artificial Colors or Fragrances
- No Nut Oils, Gluten, Soy or Dairy
- Certified organic ingredients
- Nothing I can’t pronounce!
They disclose all of their ingredients right there on their website, so it’s easy to find. Both products are hypoallergenic and do have a very slight scent that is plant derived (not synthetic). And while it does smell fresh and it is only slight, I would love to see a completely fragrance-free line. However, we have been fortunate enough to escape any problems. As a matter of fact, my daughter’s rash is clearing up at an incredible rate!
Because the doctor recommended using the lotion 3 times a day on her rash, I was a little concerned about her having oily skin. The Velvety Soft Babee Lotion, though thick, is very quick to absorb. Moisturizing with no greasy residuals, and a little bit goes a long way.
The Conditioning Shampoo & Wash lathers well, does not strip the skins of natural oils and is tear-free. Again, a little bit goes a long way with this product. My only suggestion would be to have it available in a pump because the liquid comes out rather quickly.
Fresh Organics, I sincerely thank you for this opportunity. We absolutely loved your products, will highly recommend them!
- Go to the Fresh Organics Blog and sign up to receive their special offers and discounts via email.
- Tweet or Facebook about something you found on the Fresh Organics website (this could be a product or a fact you learned).
- Then leave a comment back here letting me know that you have completed #1 and 2. Make sure you have included your email in your comment, or have it visible in your profile.
If any of these REQUIREMENTS are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid.
- Become a PUBLIC follower of the Village of Moms blog via Google Friend Connect. (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email (the little pink “letter” symbol on the sidebar). (2 extra entries)
- Subscribe to the Fresh Organics Blog RSS feed (1 extra entry)
- Follow Fresh Organics on Twitter (1 extra entry)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter. (2 extra entries)
- Join the Village of Moms on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Enter another of my giveaways and let me know which one you enter. (1 extra entry for each giveaway entered)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway. Leave the link of your post in your comment, so I can visit. (3 extra entries)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet daily for one additional entry per day. Leave the url so I can verify your tweet. (1 extra entry, daily)
- Purchase anything from Fresh Organics between now and the close of this giveaway. (5 extra entries)
***Giveaway closes June 27th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to all US Residents.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. I was under no obligation to reveiw it if I so chose, nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. I have reviewed this product(s) because I like it and think it would benefit my readers. To view our full policy, please click here.