As you know, I’ve been switching out my old personal care products with safer, more natural alternatives, one by one. Make-up seems to be a little bit more difficult, as I haven’t seen many natural options available. When I discovered Ecco Bella, I was excited! Who knew make-up could be fun and safe?
Ecco Bella is a pioneer in the creation of luxurious natural beauty products and natural skin care. They are a health and wellness beauty brand that has revolutionized holistic, organic, cruelty-free products. Ecco Bella is known to be preservative-free (except for the mascara and foundation), water-free, alcohol-free, for sensitive skin, and extra-rich in age and blemish preventative vitamins like lutein and lycopene.
Though Ecco Bella carries a whole line of natural products (including skincare and fragrances), I decided to try out their gluten-free FlowerColor cosmetics, specifically the face powder and the mascara. What is FlowerColor make-up? Mineral make-up infused with flower waxes! As a flower stays beautiful over time, this flower wax-infused make-up glides on and lasts longer. It’s ecology gone beautiful.
Flower wax, one of nature’s best kept secrets, is the delicate wax that forms a protective coating on flower petals. Without it, the bloom would quickly wilt under the scorching sun and drying wind. And what flower wax does for flowers, it can do for your skin. Flower waxes cushion the pigments so make-up feels better and lasts longer. While the natural colors self-adjust to your skin tone.
FlowerColor Finishing Face Powder is a talc-free powder that is packaged in a recyclable paper compact. Talc, a known carcinogen, is replaced with mica and flowerwax coated pigments in this powder for a superior, silky, long-lasting feel. According to Ecco Bella, their products last a reasonably long time on the skin because the flower waxes help to prevent the cosmetics from ‘moving’. It goes on smoothly, and actually lasts longer than my old powder. They claimed that the powder would also adjust to my skin tone, and surprisingly, it does.
Natural Mascara is a long-lasting, water resistant (not waterproof) mascara that comes with an attached mirror (very handy, I might add). It is easier to remove than my old mascara, and (shockingly) performed quite well. Though I was skeptical and hesitant to use it (this was a big step for me, as I have very fine lashes), I couldn’t tell any major differences from my old, leading brand. In fact, I think it did a better job of not clumping in one coat, and my lashes still looked fuller and longer. I am a bit discouraged that it contains parabens, but at least it ranks a lot less than my old mascara on Skin Deep’s website. Ecco Bella’s mascara ranked 3 (0 is best) and my old one ranked 6. However, I would still prefer a preservative-free option (I know Ecco Bella is working on it).
The Verdict: I really and truly like Ecco Bella and plan to continue using it. Though I am not completely satisfied with the parabens in the mascara, it is a much better alternative to my old brand. So, I will use it as well and hope that Ecco Bella develops their preservative-free version sooner rather than later.
CONNECT: Visit Ecco Bella at http://www.eccobella.com
Buy: The mascara costs $15.95 for a full-size tube and the powder costs $21.95, which, if you purchase department store brands, these are pretty average prices for both. Plus, you can get an instant $10 off by signing up here.
Win: Ecco Bella is offering one of my readers a choice of either the mascara or the powder (in your choice of colors)!
- You must be a PUBLIC follower of this blog via Google Friend Connect to enter.
- Sign-up for the Ecco Bella Invincible Spirit $10 Instant Gift Certificate.
- Then leave a comment back here letting me know that you have completed #1 and #2. Make sure you have included your email in your comment, or have it visible in your profile.
If any of these REQUIREMENTS are missing, ALL of your entries/comments will not be valid.
- Subscribe to the Village of Moms blog via Email. (2 extra entries)
- Follow Ecco Bella on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Sign-up for the Ecco Bella Newsletter. (2 extra entries)
- Become a subscriber to the Ecco Bella blog. (2 extra entries)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Join the Village of Moms on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Enter another of my giveaways and let me know which one you enter. (1 extra entry for each giveaway entered)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway. Leave the link of your post in your comment, so I can visit. (3 extra entries)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet daily for one additional entry per day. Leave the url so I can verify your tweet. (1 extra entry, daily)
- Grab my button (on the sidebar) and display it on your blog or website until the contest is over. (2 extra entries)
- Purchase anything between now and July 4th from Ecco Bella. (5 extra entries)
***Giveaway closes July 4th @ 11:59 EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to all US Residents.***
Winner is announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section after the giveaway closes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We will not share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose, nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of VoM, and are completely honest and without influence. I have reviewed this product(s) because I like it and think it would benefit my readers. To view our full policy, please click here.