BornFree has firmly established it roots as the worldwide leader of BPA-free baby products (they are also free of PVC and Phthalates). Their array of bottles and cups are designed with an innovative venting system that creates a free flow of liquid to reduce colic, gas, spit up and the risk of middle ear infections.
Not only does BornFree develop 100% safe baby bottles and cups, but they are dually concerned with the environment. In fact, they have recently launched an eco-friendly recycling program that you can read about here.
I was given the opportunity to review a BornFree Trainer Cup with my 5-month old daughter. She’s solely breastfed, so she refuses a bottle. However, she loves drinking water out of our regular cups. We thought we’d try the Trainer Cup out on her, since my son is already adept in drinking without using a sippy cup.
The “trial” was virtually seamless. Well, that is, after she stopped using the spout as a chew toy long enough to figure out there was water inside. Apparently, I read that the shape of the spout soothes her sore little teething gums. The Trainer Cup has a long, soft spout (for a smooth transition from bottle to cup) that also features the unique 2-part venting system. It’s super easy to assemble, and all the parts separate to be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Even though she is still a bit young, my daughter got the hang of drinking from it and quite enjoys it. Actually, she has a not-so-endearing scream when we take it away from her. The flow is slow, which is good for her now, but I could see her getting frustrated in a couple of months when she really learns how to do this properly.
I had heard a lot of talk that these cups leaked when overturned. I personally tested out this claim, and they don’t. The cup only leaks if you keep squeezing the spout while holding it upside down.
Included Parts: Cap, Collar, Spout, Plastic vent cover, Silicone vent, Handle, 7 oz. Cup
Recommended Age: 6+ months
Available Colors: Blue, green, pink, yellow
Materials: Depending on the model, all BornFree products are made of PES, Polypropylene, glass or Silicone.
Check out the entire line of BornFree products: Bottles, cups, teethers, pacifiers, silicone sleeves, formula dispensers, cleaning brushes, sterilizers, and breast pump adapters.
- Enter another of my giveaways and let me know which one. (1 extra entry for each giveaway entered)
- Follow Village of Moms on Twitter. (2 extra entries)
- Join Village of Moms on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
- Subscribe to my blog via Email (on the sidebar). (2 extra entries)
- Subscribe to the BornFree Community Blog’s Newsletter. (1 extra entry)
- Follow BornFree on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet “ I want to win a BornFree Trainer Cup @http://villageofmoms.blogspot.com/ “. You can tweet daily for one additional entry per day. Leave the url so I can verify your tweet. (1 extra entry, daily)
- Blog about wanting to win this giveaway. Leave the link of your post in your comment, so I can visit. (3 extra entries)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall. Leave the link of your post in your comment. (1 extra entry)