Welcome to the Sunday Edition of our recipes series! Each Sunday will be a Double Feature Sunday!!! Today is all about large prawn shrimp and two different (and fast) ways to grill them. Mmmmm! I got these to recipes from a friend we stayed with on one of our New Zealand trips.
GRILLED BUFFALO SHRIMP
2 lb large prawn shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t paprika
1 t oregano
1/2 t celery seed
1/2 t cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except for prawns) in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into a Ziplock bag, and add the prawns. Coat them well by shaking up the (sealed) bag.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Coat the grill with nonstick cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Place shrimp on the grill and discard the marinade. Grill 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are firm. Careful not to overcook.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, and blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Combine oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, hot sauce, lime zest, lime juice, and 2 T of cilantro. Refrigerate at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Add shrimp to marinade. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Coat the grill with nonstick spray, and preheat to medium heat.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and grill for 5-7 minutes, turning once. They should look opaque.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve with wedges of lime.