Another Double Feature Sunday edition… with pesto! The first recipe I got from Southern Living and the other from one of Giada’s cooking shows. Remember to sign up for the giveaway…this is the last week for a chance to win spices from Spice Station.
1 lb fresh asparagus
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 T lemon juice
3/4 t salt
- Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus. Cook covered in boiling water 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Process in a food processor with all the rest of the ingredients for 30 seconds to 1 minute (until smooth).
- Serve over pasta or spread on crostini topped with tomatoes and bacon.
SWEET PEA PESTO CROSTINI
- In a food processor, combine peas, garlic, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Add olive oil and continue processing until you reach a good, pasty consistency.
- Broil slices of bread drizzled in olive oil until golden brown.
- Spoon pesto mixture onto bread and spread. Place tomato slices on top and serve.