2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced into eighths
1 T cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 9-inch roll of store bought pie crust, thawed but chilled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the apples in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar to coat well.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until dark brown and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, cut the pie crust into 8 discs using a 3 inch cookie cutter (I like to experiment with fun shapes).
- Prick the top of the discs with a fork several times.
- Bake on parchment paper-covered baking sheet for 8-10 minutes. You can also place them in muffin cups instead of having them in a disc form. (Note: Make sure to cook them separate from the apples because the apples creates too much moisture for the pastry.)
- Layer the pie-lets together: Crust, apple, whipped cream, sprinkles of cinnamon