(from Better Homes and Gardens Crockery cookbook)
1/2 cup butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam
1 t vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 t baking powder
Optional toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream topping, fresh raspberries
- Generously grease two 1 pint straight-sided wide-mouth canning jars. Flour the greased jars and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs, sugar, jam and vanilla. Using a spoon, beat lightly just until combined.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into prepared jars. Cover jars tightly with greased foil (greased side down).
- Place jars into a 3.5 – 4 quart crock pot.
- Pour 1 cup water around jars.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-3.5 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the centers of brownie rolls comes out clean.
- Remove jars from crock pot and cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, loosen brownies from sides of jars. Carefully remove rolls from jars.
- Place rolls on their sides on wire rack and cool completely.
- To serve, cut each roll into 6 slices and if desired, use optional toppings.