Cooking Time: Approx. 25 minutes (oven and microwaved used)
1 lb. lean ground beef (thawed)
1 beaten egg
6 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 T minced onion
1 T dried celery
1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup Quaker (1-minute) instant oatmeal
6-8 pieces of turkey bacon
6-8 cheddar cheese slices (strips)
Optional: A lot of times I use my food processor to puree and mix in a vegetable in my meats (or sauces or rice, etc.) because I have a very picky eater who won’t eat veggies. So, pick your favorite, or least favorite, veggie to disguise in this loaf!
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients (except bacon and cheese) together in a bowl by hand.
- Shape into 6-8 mini meatloaves.
- Put in a microwave-safe dish and cover.*
- Microwave for 5 minutes, then turn loaves upside down. Re-cover.*
- Microwave for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.*
- Allow loaves to cool to touch. Then top each loaf with a strip of cheddar and wrap bacon around each.
- Put in baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes (until bacon is cooked and cheese has melted).
- Serve alone or with your favorite sauce (ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc.).