Cooking time: Approx. 20 minutes (stovetop)
1 lb extra thin round steaks
1 cup of Roma tomatoes, crushed
1 tsp oregano
1-3 cloves of garlic (to your liking), minced
2 T olive oil
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (you may like to add more if you like your sauce thinner)
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix tomatoes, oregano, garlic and olive oil together as a marinade. I usually use the food processor to make this into a paste for my picky son who won’t eat tomatoes.
- Marinate steaks at least 30 minutes (can be overnight if needed).
- Put steaks with all of the marinade into a large pan.
- Add broth to your desired thickness.
- Simmer partially covered 20 minutes (turning steaks over halfway) or until done.
- Use the leftover marinade as a sauce for pasta (thin it out with more broth).